Thursday, May 19, 2011

Throwing down the gauntlet; here's the challenge

I am putting a challenge out there. I would love to see someone come up with a daily news blog for Coconut Grove so that I can go back to "regular blogging" again.

What I mean by "regular blogging" is that I would like to post a story a day and not cover the daily news starting maybe in August. I would like to just pick a subject and write about it, without being obligated to write about this upcoming event or that or having to be at every event and meeting in Coconut Grove.

I don't want to give up the Coconut Grove Grapevine, I tried, but the realization is that I am the Grapevine. So I would just go back to the roots, which is actual blogging and not being a daily news source as it has become. I will publish more stories that are features like the food festival, Lilia's surprise, the old man who was the same age as the Model T car, and events like the Bed Race and 4th of July and lots of politics, with elections coming up and less about day to day events that can easily be listed in the calendar of events rather than be an actual story.

My main reason for changing is that I would like to finally start publishing my cartoons daily. I have a comic panel, similar to the Far Side, you know, that sort of thing, and I would like to start publishing maybe on July 1.

I have a newspaper or two interested in the cartoon, and they would publish it, too, and there is a comic strip syndicate website where I would also have my comic panel published daily. Also, Les Roberts' new Coconut Grove Hotspot magazine will carry a cartoon of mine in each issue.

But in the meantime, it would be cool to see if someone or two could pick up the mantle and starting covering Grove events on a daily basis. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

No comments:

Post a Comment