Saturday, May 7, 2011

The queen of Starbucks, or so she thinks

This happened at Starbucks at CocoWalk last week:

A lady ahead of me ordered iced tea. It arrived at the end of the counter for pick up. She tasted it and told them it was too strong, so the barrister took it back, dumped some out and added water.

The lady tasted it. She said it was too weak now. The guy took it back, dumped some out and added some more tea. The lady tasted it. She said it was too warm. The guy took it back and dumped some out and added more ice.

The lady looked at it. She didn't like what she saw and she asked him if he "shook it." By then I was about to tell him to take it and shove it where the sun don't shine, but people recognize me around town, even if I don't know who they are, so I kept my mouth shut.

I'm glad the lady wasn't ordering more than one drink or lattes or something more involved than pouring simple iced tea into a plastic cup and shoving a straw in it. There's that shoving word again.

No comments:

Post a Comment