Monday, May 23, 2011

It's pettiness as usual in the Grove and City

I am finding it quite interesting that so many groups and people have removed me from their email lists over the past year or so. I honestly don't know why. They are just being petty, I guess. They feel that they don't like some things that I write, I guess.

Al Crespo is now reporting in his Crespo-Gram Report that the Grapevine along with his and quite a few other blogs have been banned from City computer access. This was said to be the case once before, but that only ended up being a rumor, but Al has a letter from Derrick Arias with City Records with the City, who does confirm that The Crespo-Gram Report has been banned, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were banned.

I do know that some people did a test from various offices at City Hall and they were unable to pull us and the other blogs up on their computers.

Guess that really helps our circulation, because you know that the City workers will go right to the blogs that are "banned" -- on their ipads, iphones and private computers. Most people read us on their phones and ipads and personal tablets anyway, that's the common way these days. If you work for the City and know that we are blocked please let us know. We'll keep you anonymous.


I have also been cut from many email lists in Coconut Grove it seems. Quietly over the past few months I have been taken off these lists including neighborhood groups, government groups, politicians and even Crime Watch! As some one said to me, "You must be doing something right!"

I get the emails forwarded to me anyway from others, and of course if I wanted to, I could easily make up a fake Yahoo or Hotmail account and sign up for these lists, so the whole thing makes no sense at all. It is censorship and that says a lot about these groups and people.

Pettiness Politics as usual.

"Yet everyone reads the Grapevine and wishes to be in it. Go figure!" said a friend when I told him.

And I know that everyone reads the other blogs, too, because I am stopped almost daily and asked, "Did you read Crespo today? Did you read the Straw Market today?"

Our circulation is always going up as is the case with most things on the internet, the internet is always growing, readership is always growing. Some things go viral online and more people see that than a newspaper or magazine or tv news show. I'm not sure how the City thinks they are going to stop progress or censor it.

No comments:

Post a Comment