Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Saturday's Gallery Walk drew a large crowd

art1
Between this Saturday's Food Festival and Derby Day celebration, I didn't get to many of the galleries during Gallery Walk Night, but I did see plenty of activity at the places I did stop, and there were a lot of people on the streets. Many stayed around after the food festival and enjoy what the galleries had to offer.

I caught Nicky Prince setting up here art at the Mayfair Promenade earlier in the evening.

art2
The Coconut Grove Arts Festival Gallery always draws a large crowd. This was the scene at about 9 pm on Saturday. The draw may be the artists who are always in attendance for the crowd to meet and of course the wine and food don't hurt either. But I noticed a lot of the food was left over, which was unusual, so I suspect it was a lot of the food festival crowd who had their share of dinner and now were just enjoying the art.

art3
Next Gallery Walk is June 4, that should be a fun one as the summer season starts to kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment