Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We won "Best Gadfly" award; is that a compliment?

The New Times voted me the "Best Gadfly" in Miami in their "Best of Miami 2010" poll.

They say I am annoying, I like to call it doing my job. I removed the story on the "basketball" scammers who I did take pictures of that time, because some felt it was racist. I didn't mean it to be racist. I was just talking about that today, I still have the dents in the car from the rocks they threw at me that night, I have to get that fixed soon.

As for the roach coach lunch truck lady, they mention, she is still taking breakfast and lunch business from local restaurants, but I've kept my mouth shut about it since the restaurants don't seem to care, so I won't either. I did find it spiteful the way she waved a wad of money in my face that time I confronted her. I wrote about her in February and March of 2009, I have not bothered her since even though I see her selling her food daily.

The New Times says I have "all the perspective of a Picasso," which is interesting, because
I accept the Gadfly award in honor of another artist -- Salvador Dali. I recently visited the Dali museum in St. Pete and his work, which I love, is full of gadflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment