Monday, October 31, 2011

Michelle Niemeyer for City Commission

Tomorrow, November 1, is election day. The only thing on the ballot is the City Commission race, so while it is only the one thing that you'll be voting for, it is very important to get out and vote. I would suggest Michelle Niemeyer as the candidate for District 2 Commissioner.

I feel that with Michelle as our District Commissioner, things will turn around for the better. I feel the Coconut Grove and the City of Miami will be drama free and more relaxed and life may return to normal. I feel there will be transparency in Government and I feel things will be "real."

What I mean by real is that Michelle is real. She is a true Grovite. She participates in the Grove, she is actually one of us. She doesn't have her nose up in the air and she doesn't just show up when it's the right thing to do or when there is money or votes to be had.

I have known Michelle for many years. She's my friend. I find her to be totally honest, real and competent. Many who did not know Michelle told me after hearing her talk at various events like forums or the Village Council meetings, that they like hearing her speak, they like to hear what she has to say. They like the way she handles herself. She's non-threating and totally competent.

Michelle is genuine. I honestly feel that Coconut Grove will turn around for the better if Michelle is in office. I feel she will do lots to help the village, mostly by not micromanaging, which I feel is the case now. She's done a great job as the Village Council chair (twice) and I know she will fit right in with the other City Commissioners and get things done, good things, for the City and for Coconut Grove.

The City is broke, the Grove is dead, something needs to be done. The current system is not working. Let's make a change for what I feel will be for the best. I have always been honest with you and feel that this is the best thing for all of us. I like to call her the "anti-arrogant one."

Please go out and vote. Punch #35. You'll be glad you did. Here's her website, where she explains her platform: http://www.michelleformiami.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment