Thursday, October 6, 2011

Greg Pitts' photography featured at AC Gallery

greg-pitts1
Greg Pitts' photography is now on display at the AC Fine Arts Gallery (2911 Grand Avenue) through December. Although he has most recently been acclaimed for his abstract and eco-art, Greg Pitts is returning to his roots. He began doing photography over 30 years ago and as an award winner, he has exhibited in several venues throughout the United States, including Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, University Club of Vanderbilt University and numerous galleries and juried exhibitions in the South Florida area. Several of his images have received awards.

That's Greg above at the AC Fine Arts Gallery, his art premiered there on Saturday night, during Gallery Walk. At right is a piece called, "Fire Sky."

When asked how it felt for him to shift his exhibitions from his abstract and eco-art back to photography, he replied, "Well, its not really a shift for me. The way my brain is wired, I see art in everything and everywhere. I guess I have just been blessed to be able to capture what I see in different media...either by capturing it with the lens, or by transforming what I see into an artistic representation on canvas, wood or ..whatever. Although I have been doing a great deal of painting for the past 5 years, my lens has never been further than an arm's reach away."

The gallery's hours of operation are Tuesday-Thursday 1 pm-5 pm and on Friday and Saturdays from 1 pm - 9 pm. Greg's photographs are all for sale. For more info: 305-742-7071.

greg-pitts2
This image is called, "Dusty Black."

No comments:

Post a Comment