Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spell the name right even if you're a H8R

There's a new tv show called "H8R" (Hater) which starts tonight. It involves people talking nasty about celebs and then out of the blue, the celeb pops up. I like this because I have been on the end of the being the hated so many times. With social media these days, it's easy for people to be bullies and when the mainstream media gets in the act, it's even worse.

People say things and write things about me and they don't even know me. I can just imagine what celebs go though. But I noticed something lately -- when another publication says something nasty about me, people respond in a positive way. What I mean is that I get more Facebook fans, lots more. I get advertisers -- people actually email me and tell me they want to advertise and I get more readers for the Grapevine and also Tomversation. The person writing the nasty article or leaving the nasty comment comes off as a jerk, the target of the nastiness comes off as the hero.

So as the old saying goes, any news is good news as long as you spell my name right.

No comments:

Post a Comment