Monday, September 19, 2011

About those cops on the corner . . .

Have you seen the police on the corner of Mary and Grand giving out tickets to anyone who does something wrong on the corner (traffic-wise that is).

I have mixed emotions. I know they are doing their job, but the way they are picking off people is amazing. But then again, maybe people deserve to be ticketed for speeding and going through the stop signs on that corner. It's an all-way full stop.

Some Grovites have taken to kibitzing with the cops while they happily ticket the traffic scofflaws. They actually sit on the ledge at the Mayfair and visit with the cops who are nicely under the shade, having a good old time giving out tickets in between gossiping with the locals. I am guilty with kibitzing with the Grovites who are there, but not with the cops, I don't know these particular cops so I have not engaged them, I don't want to encourage them or make them feel welcome.

I think I might have gotten a ticket myself today because I think I didn't come to a full stop as I came up the hill there (by the way, that big ugly sign is gone), but a poor lady was throwing a tantrum with the officer after she was stopped and that took all the eyes off the traffic and onto that scene, in fact, when a passed a few minutes later, there were a bunch of police cars added to the situation. I guess the lady really was not pleased with getting a ticket and the cops in return were not going to take her tantrum lying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment