Saturday, August 20, 2011

Restaurant news and rumors

A couple of new places are preparing to open in the Grove, I was going to hold the story back until they are actually ready to open, but why not let you in on the goings on.



The space that used to be Havana Grove, at 3190 Commodore Plaza, is planning to open in the fall, hopefully, at least that is their goal, I spoke with the new owner. He plans to have a place that sells organic American food, you know, locally grown things, but the place is still in the works, so things can change. I'll keep you up to date as I learn more.



And speaking of organic, Organic Corner is planning on opening at 3301 Grand, the former
SoFlo bicycle shop and Basil restaurant, remember Basil? I used to love that place.



The Organic Corner will have open night mic and jam sessions and is working on being a community hang out. More details on that soon. The guys at SoFlo were really cool kids, they even had a cool bed in the Great Grove Bed Race on year, and I always liked the owners of Basil, Roman and his staff, so the location has a some good vibes.



The former News Cafe space on Florida Avenue has had work crews in there for the past year it seems. Every time I ask what is going on, they tell me nothing. But word around town is that the new owner of Mayfair is opening a high-end restaurant, maybe a private club, in the space and most probably will treat it as a party place for his friends. We'll see as time goes on. It's bee rumored to be so many things, including a Brazilian restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment