Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Memorial rescheduled

The memorial service for Gary Ciuca set for Saturday, August 27 at 5 pm at the Barnacle has been changed to Saturday, September 17 at 5 pm at the Barnacle due to the pending hurricane threat.



Gary was my financial advisor with Wells Fargo, he handled my retirment account. I met him through my father, who retired at an early age, 20 years ago, and had Gary handle his retirement account.



When Gary took over my account he was with AG Edwards, which was taken over by Wachovia and now is Wells Fargo. I got a call last week from the guy taking over Gary's accounts, he ended up being a guy who my father coached in little league in the late '70s! It's interesting how life has these strange twists and turns. He was quite anxious to call my father and tell him.



My parents have been quite broken up over Gary's accident. I had been on the phone often with them sharing updates, I would get news locally from Grove residents and friends and they would get news from Gary's co-workers and we would share the latest news with each other, of course, hoping for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment