Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lots of laughs at The Last Carrot

carrot1
Whenever I go to The Last Carrot, I am usually in and out, I get my lunch to go, but a couple of friends called the other day and asked me to meet them there, so I did. And we stayed. I had forgotten how old fashioned it is, it's like going back to the old days. When I was a kid, The Last Carrot was in the arcade, which was where the Sandbar and Le Bouchon are now. Now it is at 3133 Grand Avenue.

carrot2
The staff is very friendly and they know everyone's favorites. From left are Ayisha, Erin Shadeda and Brandon.

carrot3
The blender broke while we were there, so my friend Barbara Lange, who I went there to meet, actually ran home to get the blender from her house, so The Last Carrot did not go without. It was such a Grovey thing to do.

carrot4
We ended up with a nice little group at our table after awhile, maybe seven or eight of us, here are a few -- one anonymous friend (reminds me of the Unknown Comic, you know that guy on The Gong Show who used to have a bag over his head), Santiago Villegas, AnnaMaria Windisch-Hunt and me. We had so many laughs, none of us wanted to leave. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

carrot6
The Last Carrot has so many things -- juices, smoothies, lunch in a Pita, salads, etc. I like the tuna in a pita, shown here. And I like the orange dressing, which is the herbal, I believe, the green is the vinagrette dressing. Which do you prefer? Tell us at Facebook.

carrot5
You can get more info at their website here: http://www.lastcarrot.com and you can actually order online for pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment