Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just a little hi jinx up and down Virginia Street

I left the Bed Race meeting yesterday at The Bookstore to run across the street to The Grove Spot to pick up their check for their bed entry. I was there for awhile and almost had a drink, but ended up just hanging out and talking. I joked that I was the Italian one with the connections, so they sent me over to pick up the money.

Love Levy gave me an IOU to bring back as a joke and Olav Smit gave me the actual check. After a bit I ran back to The Bookstore, there were 20 people or so meeting, I found out later they were waiting for me the whole time, glad they didn't wait since I was gone so long. But anyway, I interrupted the meeting and handed the IOU to Daisy. Everyone stared laughing incredulously and starting asking, "What is that, an IOU?

I started laughing and then handed over the real check and everyone else then started cracking up. It was a fun Grove moment. We all get giddy as the Bed Race deadline looms closer.

There are still a few bed positions left, this Saturday, August 21 is the deadline, sign up here.


And remember, tonight is the final Get Rolling Gathering at The Sandbar Grill. Come out and join the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment