Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We need more of a variety of restaurants

We need a good fish place in the Grove. I know we have some places, but a "real" good fish place that tourists would be drawn to. Tourists ask me for Joe's Stone Crab often, I send them to Monty's. But I wouldn't call Monty's a great fish place, even though they do have great stone crabs.

We also need Indian food, many tourists were disappointed to hear that Anokha was closed. Hopefully they will return in another location.

We need in and out places and we need things like Chicken Kitchen and Baja Fresh. We need more of a variety. We need better pricing. We need lots of variety. That is what I am told by people on the street.

I am told that Qdoba didn't make it because of poor location. And I am told that Chicken Grill didn't make it because of poor location. Hopefully that will change soon. I will go out of my way to get something I like, so I find the poor location thing doesn't hold water. Promotion is needed.

I see the guys from Sony walk from their Mayfair offices daily to CocoWalk and Commodore Plaza for lunch, there is no reason why people from Commodore or South Grove won't go to Mayfair or that area for lunch or dinner. The Grove is small, I don't believe in poor locations in a small five block area.

All this being said, I love all the restaurants we do have. I eat at all of them, I just think we need more variety -- for things we don't have. But places like Olav's Pommes and Pane and Focaccia will actually make you anything you want that's not on the menu. I had a great breakfast at Pommes and Pane today that Olva made just for me and the Coconut Grove Grapevine sandwich at Focaccia was morphed from other sandwiches they had on the menu. And most Grove places will do that for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment