Friday, May 15, 2009

That is a bike rack people! Feel free to use it!

I got this letter the other day:

"I'm a frequent reader and Grove resident, and I had a question that I hoped you could answer: I noticed some time ago that a red guitar sculpture was put up next to The Cloisters, across from Le P'tit Paris, and exactly next to the little info kiosk. Do you have any information about this? Is this part of an art project going on around the city?"

I had to laugh and I told him it was a bike rack. Here are Marshall and Douglas showing it off on Bike Day.

I think we need to put a dummy bike there to give people a hint as to what it is. I guess it's sort of nice to know that if it was a piece of art that people are respecting it.

My friend Daisy Lewis told me today at the Merchants Meeting that she occasionally puts here bike there for just that reason, to show people that it's a bike rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment