Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So many non-Grove events are held in the Grove

Someone was complaining about all the events we have in the Grove and said it all ties up traffic. Only he was not talking about actual Grove events, he was talking about Bike Day and the various marathons and races and charity walks, etc.

I always thought that it was a cool thing to have all those events here. I felt honored that the different charities and groups chose the Grove over other areas of the county.

One thing that I find interesting is that just as I was saying about the schlocky Mother's Day concert, people assume the Grove is in charge of these things, but it is the City. People have to go through the City of Miami to hold and arrange these events. The Grove is just the location of the events.

Good or bad, one of our city leaders feels that any buzz is good buzz. So even if people complain, as long as you spell Coconut Grove correctly, that is the important thing. And I guess I have to agree because you aren't going to please everyone, so maybe we should just take it as a compliment that our village is a favorite of event organizers and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment