Monday, March 30, 2009

Try the new Coconut Grove Grapevine sandwich

sandwich
I was walking to Focaccia for a sandwich and as I passed Johnny Rockets, I smelled bacon cooking. So I decided on a BLT, which I haven't had for years.

I walked into Focaccia and announced that I would like something with bacon, knowing that they don't have BLT's on the menu.

Monty Trainer and my friend Gigi were both there and ironically, they both have sandwiches named after them on the menu -- with bacon! So they each told me to order their respective sandwiches.

But both sandwiches had things I didn't want like provolone, ham, salami, etc. So I ordered a Monty's Icebox but I told them to hold everything except the bacon, lettuce and tomato and here you have it. The new Coconut Grove Grapevine sandwich (a BLT on a baguette).

They don't call it that, but I do. Let's see if it appears on the menu. It's my new favorite thing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment