Monday, March 30, 2009

Calamari Italian Seafood is planning to open next month

I met Salvatore Catania, one of the managers at the new Calamari Italian Seafood, today.

He tells me they are trying to open April 8, but knowing the way things work in the city with zoning and permits, I wish them the best on holding to that date.

They have a something special planned for the old Cefalo's Wine Cellar area, but he would not reveal that. He did reveal that their prices at the restaurant will be amazingly affordable, I'll share that when the menu is ready for public view.

Salvatore told me that the owner of Calamari owns many great restaurants including Villagio at The Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables and is also known for Mezzanotte.

My friend Riley Smith, with EWM realty, across the street, wandered over. We started telling Salvatore about the Grove and he was impressed with the Village and our small town feel and he liked that we have many special events.

The food at Calamari sounds delicious, despite the name, there is something for everyone. They are at 3540 Main Highway, the old Sammy C's location. If the rest of the staff is as friendly and inviting as Salvatore, I think they will have something special there.

No comments:

Post a Comment