Monday, March 30, 2009

Nice to see there was no vandalism, enjoy the art

paint
When I first arrived at the bike rack ceremony last weekend, I got there early and I went right over to the bike rack. I saw this -- a can of spray paint right on top of Lebo's bike rack.

It thought it was a little test. I was told that Lebo's art is respected by taggers (graffiti artists) and they would never "tag" his art. Also, the bike rack has a coating, sort of like they have on the NY subway cars, that doesn't allow graffiti to adhere. So it would remain clean.

Then I realized the can said "gloss protection enamel." That was the protection they were using.

I was happy to see that no one tried to destroy or tag the art, but when I went back a short time later I noticed the paint can was gone. But at least the art wasn't marred. Probably one of the staff took the can away, but I found it funny to see the art was fine, and that only the can was gone which I thought was stolen, which it probably wasn't.

Anyway, many of you don't like the rack, but you have to admit, it's a nice piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment