Monday, March 16, 2009

The whole town was out for the Gifford Lane Art Stroll

gifford2
Yesterday's Gifford Lane Art Stroll was a lot of fun. I headed right to Dave Collins' house for the cucumber punch which was fantastic this year. It always seems to be a hot, humid day for the Gifford Lane Stroll and Dave's punch always just hits the spot. I had quite a few!

That is State Rep. Carlos Lopez-Cantera, Dave and my friend Roberta around Dave's famous concoction.

I ran into everyone it seems. And I made a lot of new friends -- people who read the Grapevine, who I had not met before. One couple wants to move to the Grove, from Brickell, and we were talking and she said that the Grapevine and the Grove reminds her of Stars Hollow, the town in the tv show, the Gilmore Girls. And I had to let her in on a little secret. That is what I am doing. That's why you may read about the same people over and over, it's because I am building up the recurring characters in the Grove. I have Stars Hollow in mind a lot when I am doing this.

Dave Collins, brought this up to me in the past. Not the Gilmore Girls aspect, but the fact that I am turning everyone into characters that tourists and visitors look for when they are in the Grove. People are literally asking for certain people and locations that they have ready about in the Grapevine.

As I walked around Gifford Lane, with my new friends, I pointed out all the Grapevine and Grove characters to her, who were all on that one small street -- "There's Yana, she was one of the clowns yesterday," I said. "There's Felice, there's Dave Collins, there is AnnaMaria, there's Monty Trainer, there is Glenn Terry and so on. Everyone was there.

I made friends with Harlene Kennedy. She wasn't crazy about what I wrote here about her not being chosen to be on the Village Council. But we ended up being buds and we worked Sue McConnell's Code 33 booth together for awhile. We and Sue signed up a lot of people yesterday. Code 33 is free and it gives Grove residents discounts all over town, so everyone jumped at the chance to get the card.

I tried selling t-shirts with Nathan Kurland, I sort of helped sell one, but he sold out on his own by the end of the day.

Come back a bit later today for the slide show. I had originally intended to just use a few photos for this write up, but there were too many great shots to just discard, so they are all in a slide show -- over 70 great pictures, whittled down from a large batch. Between AnnaMaria, Harry and myself, there were over 200 photos to go through!


gifford1

No comments:

Post a Comment