Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You never know who you'll see antique shopping

antique2
After a long day of King Mango Strutting and hanging out, my friends, Monty and Gigi and I ended up at the Mayfair Antique Market. It was late, and they were still open. One of the vendors told me she was tired and wanted to close up, my response, without thinking was, "But you have so many customers, it's so great -- look, there's Monty and Spider-man and Gumby," and then I realized what I had just said.

antique1
It sounded ridiculous, but it was true, we all laughed. Shaun, who plays Spider-man, the rickshaw driver was with one of his customers, who was dressed as Gumby. They were actually shopping at the Antique Market.

antique3
Then they took off into the cold winter night. Later, I told a friend who was drinking all day that he must be seeing things and had better get off the booze, that there was no Spider-man or Gumby out in the street on a rickshaw it was the vodka playing tricks on him. It was a nice, funny ending to a long groovy Grove day.

No comments:

Post a Comment