Friday, December 24, 2010

Counting down to the King Mango Strut

I introduced my friend Vinnie (not my cousin Vinnie, my friend Vinnie Preziotti) to the King Mango Strut this year. I brought him up to a fourth floor room in the Mayfair building, where the Mangoheads were making customes and signs and things. He stayed for some beer and pizza and of course ended up being part of the parade.

Ironically, his former Brooklynite ran into a room full of Brooklynites at the prep room, and true friendships were made on the spot.

Here's Antoinette Baldwin, Strut head honcha, measuring Vinnie for one of the costumes for Sunday's big event.

AnnaMaria Windisch-Hunt has a Mad Hatter political Tea Party Group (you know, "I am not a witch" type thing), if anyone would like to join you have until the last minute. They are meeting at Paul's sunglasses kiosk at noon on Sunday to prep their costumes and group, so just show up or you can email her now to get more
info at grovite1@mac.com. You'll need to get your own costume going at this late date, I know they need a witch (to hold the "I am not a witch" sign). They do have the Mad Hatter himself, but they could use many of the other characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment