Thursday, April 16, 2009

Was a nice gesture on their part; next time I'll order early

Was at the Dirty Deli -- Coral Bagels this morning, after the Merchants Meeting. I ordered breakfast and then noticed that they had corned beef on the menu, as a special for today, it looked good, so good that we took photos of two guys eating it.

But I stuck with the breakfast. And I had the corned beef on my mind all day, in fact, since St. Patrick's Day, since I never did get my fix.

So I ended up back at Dirty Deli almost at closing time (4 pm) and they were out! They only had the cabbage. As I was leaving dejected, they called me back to say they found some. I hate to know where.

I left for home happy with my corned beef and cabbage, only when I got home, it was all fat. Tasted good, but all fat.

Lesson learned. Never take the last scrapings, even if you are craving something. They said they will call me next time it's on the menu, and I'll get some fresh food and not wait until the last minute again. But it was really nice of them to go out of their way to accommodate me.

I have been liking the Dirty Deli a lot lately. I don't know if it's a new cook, new management or what, but lots has changed. It's not the place I used to hate. I am saving the photos of the corned beef and cabbage for the next Restaurant Reality Check. I will review the Dirty Deli -- Coral Bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment