Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Filming brings a lot of life and character to the area

burn1
A crew is filming on Commodore Plaza today, I think it's Burn Notice, but I didn't ask. It's smaller than the usual crew and none of the stars are there. A little girl and I guess her grandpa were being filmed on a bench in front of the IOS store. It could be a commercial, but I think it is Burn Notice, since the crew looked familiar and they seem to like that location and have used it before.

I think the main stars are filming on Sobe today. Jeffrey Donovan tweeted this pic out of Gabrielle Anwar from there today, at the same time I was watching the filming in the Grove.

I find it very cool how the whole community has embraced the filming that goes on around here and everyone is just is so used to it. Mere feet away, people were eating breakfast at Le P'tit Paris and across the street, at Greenstreet, the same thing, as filming went on.

I was sitting at a table at Greenstreet with Sylvano and when the crew across the street yelled out "action," Sylvano literally went into sotto voce, right on cue himself, so as not to disturb the filming.

The tourists love this when they pass by -- actual movie or tv filming right in the Grove! Another reason to keep Burn Notice around. They are part of the community and belong here.

burn2

No comments:

Post a Comment