Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Neighbors getting ugly; I know, how can you tell?

brothers
As I am out and about, people come up to me and tell me anecdotes about the 3 am/5am bar closing time issue. It seems that the 5 am people are really not as crazy as the 3 am people. I guess it just fits the character of the person, the 5 am people are party people, happy people and all inclusive people. The 3 am people are fighting for a cause for no other reason than habit.

The 3 am people don't mind seeing the Center Grove collapse on itself and end up being a ghost town, as long as they stand on ceremony. Only they get quite nasty about it (to be honest, I have not met any nasty 5 amers yet). Above are brothers Kianosh (3 am, right) and Arman (5 am, left) Kremer, battling it out in this year's King Mango Strut.

I know that many who don't like the "Same AM" posters in store windows are threatening a personal boycott of the businesses who post them, just another way the 3 am people are hurting the Grove.

One friend tried to join one neighborhood group, she was turned down because they said, "We are for 3 am, you don't belong here." My friend is for 5 am. Is this legal and/or a democratic way to be? This group by the way, which supposedly represents one large area of the Grove with thousands of residents, only consists of 37 people. The other few thousand think the opposite of these 37. That's why they don't belong or are forbiddent to belong to this club house.

I was taken off the email list of another homeowners group, in my own neighborhood, because they don't like my politics. I guess I'll have to figure it out myself if a lose dog is running wild or if someone is breaking into cars in my hood.

By the way, many of these very same rude people walked out of the Village Council meeting en mass, after they had their say. They had no interest in what the Village Council or anyone else had to say, it was all about them. These are your neighbors folks.


The Village Council is actually going to make a decision on 3 am/5am this Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment