Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's all agree to disagree; with respect

This whole 3 am/5am issue is getting quite out of hand. The odd part is that when we all see each other around town, we are all buddies. I have had differences with so many people on this issue and other issues and yet, there we are at town functions, partying it up or running into each other in the street, like the best of friends, which in many cases, we are. Strange bedfellows and all.

This Friday is the Chamber Luncheon which most of the movers and shakers of the Grove will be attendending. And you know what? When I attend these functions, I am treated with friendship and respect from everyone. So I promised someone once to be kinder and gentler and I'll try to get my views across more gently in the future. But we should all agree to this.

In regard to the Village of Center Grove (VOCG) homeowner's group, I like the people associated with it. I have lunch with them, I have volunteered with them at Taste of the Grove and partied with them at Chamber events, will see some of them at the Village Council meeting tomorrow, one of them handles my retirement account and my parent's also!

In clarification of my recent comment about the VOCG, it has come to my attention that it was said jokingly in an email to a friend, that she wouldn't be interested in joining the homeowners group since she was for 5 am and they were for 3 am. No one is ever prevented from joining or attending a meeting, which usually is at the Sailing Club and always posted here in the Grapevine ahead of time as an invitation for everyone to attend.

Everyone is working toward a better Grove and if people didn't care about the Grove they would not be working so hard to make it a better place. We may not all agree, but we do need to respect each other. We have to learn to attack the issue and not the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment