Tuesday, June 5, 2012

They want in

These two little guys look lonely. Dogs are no longer allowed in The Bookstore. Due to the food that is served at the cafe area, it's a no no.

What are your feelings about this? Did the dogs inside the store ever bother you? Did you feel they got under foot or were they unsanitary?

I don't see a difference in the amount of people there. I think people understand and they don't mind keeping the dogs outside, after all, they have to do that most places and now The Bookstore is just one of those places.

I did complain that one time about the large dogs, but I wasn't complaining about them being near the food or being inside The Bookstore particularly, I was just saying that dogs that are the size of horses could scare someone, which they were doing.

Added 6/6: The comments are turning into attacks on me. First off, I am against the new policy, I think the dogs in The Bookstore was a charming part of our village. I think they should be allowed in. The only reason I mentioned the big dogs, is because a few years ago, I showed a photo of a guy with two dogs the size of horses and I asked, "Is this normal to bring into a business?" It had nothing to do with health codes, The Bookstore, food or anything. It was jut an observation. And it has nothing to do with this situation, to say that big dogs are the problem here makes no sense.

As for the new policy, I personally had nothing to do with this. Someone reported them to the Health Department and this is how it came about. But again. I am in favor of letting them back inside. I didn't see it as a problem, like most of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment