Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I should send the City of Miami the bill

For the second time in six months, I had to get a new tire thanks to potholes all over the City of Miami. In fact, the last time (in November), I not only had to get a new tire, I had to get a new rim for the car, which is an expensive proposition.

It's always the City of Miami, not that I venture out too often, but I actually was coming back from Target and Best Buy and just as soon as I crossed the border from Coral Gables into Miami, BAM, my car hit a pothole so hard that the tire actually came off the rim. I wasn't going that fast and I know this because I was about to make a turn, so my car must have slowed to about 10 or 15 mph, but pop, there went the tire.


I had to call road service, then have the car taken to the Goodyear Tire Store at 3690 Bird Road, which was the only bright spot in this. I had to get a new tire, balancing and waste a few hours getting this done.

The guys at Goodyear always treat me right, so that is the best part about the whole thing.

My suggestion to the City -- fix the potholes! It won't cost a thing if they take those guys off the trash routes on Fridays, you know the ones, the guys that block traffic all day all over the city, to pick up tree cuttings.

Another idea is how about picking up the cuttings twice a month, rather than four times, and the other two weeks, have the same crew or another crew, for the same money being spent on the trash, fill in the potholes. It seems like it's a full time job fixing potholes. Either something like that should be done, or we should all just send the City our bills for car repairs and time (and money) lost at work.

A friend told me about breaking an axle one time when she hit a pothole. She tried suing, but got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment