Friday, May 11, 2012

Some of my favorite odd foods around the Grove

One of my favorite things is the Special Chinese Soup at Confucio Express. You get a large size for just $7.00. It has a little bit of everything in it from shrimp to pork and even broccoli and mushrooms. One order could make two meals for some people.

I also love the chicken salad and the tuna salad at Dunkin' Donuts, the only problem is it's hit and miss, which really pisses me off a lot of the time because I'll drive all the way over, assuming they will have everything they advertise on the menu, especially when a large tuna bagel sandwich poster is staring you in the face as you enter, but it's a 50% chance that they'll have the chicken or tuna salad on hand when you ask for it. The last two times I went, they didn't have it, so I left without getting anything.

But I love the tuna or chicken salad on a plane bagel with or without a slice of cheese, it's great. I was there with a friend once who didn't like the fact that the tuna didn't have onions and I would love celery and even a tomato, too, But it is Dunkin' Donuts after all, it's surprising that they even have the tuna and chicken salad (only 50% of the time, which is a shame because Starbucks has all their items available all the time. They don't run out).

Subway used to have this great, fresh chicken salad, I used to get it a few times a week. They no longer have it, so I don't do Subway very often these days.

I also like the tuna salad at The Bookstore on a baguette with lettuce and tomato.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that aside from the Special Chinese Soup, all these sandwiches are my breakfast. I order them for breakfast! That's the odd part.

No comments:

Post a Comment