Friday, May 25, 2012

Enjoy a peaceful holiday weekend in the Grove

Even though I'm not leaving town for Memorial Day, I am thrilled to not be part of the massive crowds that Miami Beach will have to deal with. I have friends who live in South Beach who are staying in the Grove for the weekend, which I suspect many South Beach locals may do.

We plan on breakfasts and dinners out, Vaudeville at The Grove Spot on Saturday night, the gym, bike riding and Waffle Sunday at The Bookstore on Sunday morning.

I like the peacefulness of the Grove. I'm sure there's room for many of you South Beachites who need a break this weekend. Check the list of hotels on the Chamber website here and maybe you can get a good deal for this weekend, along with some peace and quiet. I was looking at the village from a visitor's viewpoint, and you know, there is plenty to do here.

If you scroll down through all our stories here, you'll find a bunch of events coming up for the weekend, which you might enjoy from Jazz Night at the Grove Spot or Calamari to Happy Hour on the Mayfair Rooftop for their Friday Happy Hour Rendezvous, there's the peaceful Peacock Garden Cafe and Commodore Plaza, too for dining and shopping. "The Melting Moon" is being presented live at the Abanico Theater on Commodore Plaza, too. And so many galleries to enjoy. Ride bikes, visit the gyms, lay out at the various hotel pools or just stroll around the village. We have The Improv for drinks and a night of comedy, the movies at CocoWalk and our waterfront and parks to enjoy.

I think I called it the anti-South Beach a few years ago, not meaning it derogatory, I just mean it as being the quiet alternative to a crazy South Beach weekend. In fact, we have the best of both worlds, because we can head out to South Beach for part of the weekend if we like, and thankfully, come back here to the peace when we're done partying.

No comments:

Post a Comment