Monday, January 24, 2011

We're finally going to meet CocoWok

The wait is almost over. CocoWok, the new Chinese take-out place at CocoWalk, on the side street Virginia at 3015, will open next Monday, January 31, barring any problems from the City.

I stopped in today and they were cooking up a storm, trying out new dishes and deciding on what to put on the menu. The whole staff is in and they are excited. They had no menu to show me because they actually are experimenting this week with what's good and what isn't.

There is an L shaped red bar inside for eat-in and there will be tables outside. They feel that most orders will be take-out. Three flat screen tv's line the back of the register area and red is the theme inside. Everyone there has been totally gracious to me from way back, when I started nosing around. Many places don't like that and feel I am being a pain when I ask so many questions, but these guys, all of them, have been very nice, friendly and forthcoming. I think they will be a very big asset to the community, just by their friendly temperament alone. But the food looks amazing.

It was really nice to see them so hard at work in the kitchen doing their thing. So again, the soft opening is next Monday, bring your appetites. We'll try to post the menu or some menu items this week as they become known.

No comments:

Post a Comment