Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Update on the Parking Waiver story

As I passed by the BID office today, a few of them came running out to inform me that there were two sides to each story, and there are. Regarding the Parking Waver story below, all facts are correct, but there is one slight difference -- the rates were not raised. Apparently there are some scofflaws in town who have not paid their parking tax for quite a long time and they felt all the fees being billed were excessive.

I had forgotten what a new and different place the BID is these days, it is actually pleasant to walk in and interact with everyone there, from Manny on down, everyone is a pleasure.

Anyway, the BID is going to send me the whole reasoning behind the Parking Waiver and it seems to have been a good reason at the beginning, in 1992.


As for the businesses crying fowl, they are being billed for past amounts which were not paid, the City is quite strict, but the BID is intervening and working with the Grove businesses. In at least one case, they are only asking for payment from October 2012 and waiving all past amounts before that.

I'll let you know more when I know more, but I just wanted to clear that up. The Waiver is still around, but the complaining businesses have not been paying it. Now they have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment