Sunday, June 2, 2013

Funny comments

A lot of you don't like the anonymous comments, you email me and ask me to stop allowing them, but when I change the format to where you have to sign in to leave a comment, people have trouble with that and we don't get comments, which is fine by me, but the anonymous comments seem to be so much fun.

So many people leave nasty comments, mostly about not coming back to the Grove and things like that and I find that hilarious because first off, why are they reading the Grapevine if they don't like the Grove and secondly, what's that saying? Oh yea, "Me thinks thou doest protest too much," in other words, they are saying the opposite of what they really feel.

So let's mock a few of these comments. Here are some comments left this week, I'm sure the people are nice people and they just get riled up when they read certain things:


We got a lot of comments regarding the story on the Parking Meter advertising. These two were so funny I had to share:

"This is a horrible idea..i will never go back to the grove."

I'm not sure we want this person back, do we? If this person is so upset over an ad on a parking meter, I hate to think what else would get them upset. I mean to not come back to just because they don't like ads on the meters, that's a bit extreme, isn't it?

"Im so tired of the things going on in the grove i cant wait to move out next month. this little town has been taken over by the crooks on the streets and crooks in city hall. bye bye grove hello miami lakes"

This person obviously loves cows and crickets and no parking meters. I guess they don't need parking meters in Miami Lakes since no one goes there and there is no need for parking. This is another mental giant, as my father would say.

This next comment was left on the City Double Dipping story, this person found time to leave the comment rather than just skip over an actual news story. This person maybe be proof of why our society is in a total mess. Probably doesn't vote either, then complains about the outcome. I wonder if this person circles every story they don't like in the Miami Herald and then calls the editor to tell them. Nah, probably doesn't read the paper. So I guess I should be honored that he/she reads us.

"I think i speak for everybody when i say we are tired of hearing these kinds of stories. one they are to long and two theres really nothing we can do so why bother reporting them."

Another person left a comment under this comment, praising the story and putting down the community events I post, sort of a back handed compliment.

"Truth to tell, I prefer these types of Grapevine articles to the fluff advertising pieces written as stories."

Ironically, those fluff pieces are what most people want posted because they have told me that they want to know what is going on around town. By the way, they aren't advertising. I personally prefer news to the so called puff pieces. I find them boring to write, but I think it's important to let people know what's going on around town.

The other comments left on these posts, while Anonymous, make sense and even though people may not like Anonymous comments, they do make some good and interesting points.

This piece was neither puff nor news, sort of an observation piece or maybe just filler on a slow Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment