Saturday, June 15, 2013

Not many "selfies" from years past

I'm working on getting the BID some photos of Coconut Grove from the 1980s and '90s, but you know what, it's not easy! Natali who runs the marketing there was asking how no one seems to have photos of the Village, but when you think about it, until recently, we really didn't take pictures of everything, now we take photos of every meal and Facebook it or Instagram it, but in years past, most of us just took photos at family events and such, we didn't carry cameras around our necks all day.

I don't have many photos of myself from the 1980s because I had this stupid thing in my head that when I die, I wanted my photos to be rare. I know, stupid. Now I regret it. I don't know where I got the idea from, I think Abraham Lincoln or something, you know, like he or other famous people died from 150 years ago, or even 100 years ago, and there is only one or two photos of them, so I thought that is what I would do. Now, of course, I take selfies all day long.

So in the 1980s, whenever someone would pull a camera out at a family event or whatever, I would casually walk away or offer to take the photo. Dumb.

The big thing on social media these days is Hillary Clinton joining Twitter a couple of days ago. Loved this Tweet yesterday where she says she and Chelsea took "selfies." Here's one of the selfies below, which was tweeted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment