Wednesday, June 12, 2013

They don't like light shed on their shade

Last night, Sue McConnell sent an email out regarding Commissioner Sarnoff's newsletter. She's trying to get him subscribers. Many people took offense to it, so they sent it to me. The email, not the newsletter. Here is the email (in red), the last line is what bothers people. Not me, I know better.

"If you want to be kept accurately informed of Grove issues you can email Will Plasencia wplasencia@miamigov.com in Comm. Sarnoff's office and sign up for the District 2 newsletter.  Also remember that Comm. Sarnoff has an open door policy; if you have any questions you can always call his office at 305-250-5333 or contact his Chief of Staff rnelson@miamigov.com.  

Probably a better way to be kept informed than local blogs."

I don't think Sue is putting down local blogs for publishing news, I think she is just trying to say that if you want news from Sarnoff's office, then get it from the horse's mouth because she doesn't like the light we shed on the news coming out of his office all the time and they can control their message. At least, I am taking the high road and assuming that. She can't possibly be telling people that there is not another view other then Sarnoff's is she?

But a friend who received her email and was offended himself, did say that Sue's email is "called attempted suppression of the news and the truth." At a meeting two weeks ago Sue kept calling out, "Why don't you let Marc speak? He knows what's going on."


For instance this story about the shutters. I'm sure Sarnoff's newsletter is going to tell you why this is such a great plan and maybe it is. I feel we have the right to ask questions about it. They don't want debate on this. They don't want debate on anything. They want you to read the newsletter, nod your head, agree, and go on with your life. Sort of like the Stepford Wives.

Me, I am not a Stepford Wife so I ask questions and I shed light on the their shade. I hope you aren't a Stepford Wife either. Many are, they operate like robots, never thinking for themselves.  There are a handful of Grovites who were such great Coconut Grove supporters and neighbors, but they sold out long ago. Every decision they make now is based on what they are told to do and what they are told to think. They don't do anything for the good of the community anymore. They probably don't see it in themselves, because if they did, I don't know how they could live with themselves. I think they drank the Kook Aid, or even worse, maybe it's just that they are on the payroll.

Woops, did I say Kook Aid? I meant Kool Aid, typo. But then again, maybe Kook Aid fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment