Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I think we are all quite proud of our village

I was thinking about this Snackdown thing and I realized that the reason Coconut Grove keeps winning "The Best Neighborhood for Dining," contests is that we care and that we are proud of the Grove and we vote for the Grove to win. I mean it's a shame we don't all go out on actual election day and vote, but when it comes to voting online, we do that.

I see people posting the Snackdown contest all over Facebook, asking for votes for the Grove, I don't see people doing it for other communities.

We're such a small community that we are like family, we are very connected. The voting for South Beach and downtown and even Coral Gables doesn't draw those communities together because they are more fragmented than we are. I think that is something we can be proud of. While we have our differences and argue over certain issues in the village, it really is because we care.

We care about the trees, about the empty store fronts about what's new in town and what is old in town and what's coming up in town and what's going on in town and that says a lot, I think in a very positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment