Saturday, August 24, 2013

What are they hiding?

Is there a reason why Joyce Nelson, Ron Nelson's wife, is holding a meeting at their house in favor of the Waterfront Mall project? What is her interest? Her husband Ron, of course is Chief of Staff of Commissioner Marc Sarnoff.

Is this legal? Is this just a private resident meeting to discuss the subject which supposedly has nothing to do with them, and why? And why is she so gung ho about it? This is throwing up a big red flag. Here is the email she is circulating. I only share it here because a bunch of people who are not thrilled with her meeting and non stop push for the project, sent this to me. Her neighbors and friends are not amused. Keep in mind, I am not part of their email list, I feel that says A LOT, I am on everyone else's email lists, so I get these complaint emails from their neighbors who think there is something strange going on here. I got a lot of complaints about this. Neighbors may go out of curiosity and obligation, but not because they are in favor of
 the development. 

And for those of you who think we are NOT in favor of anything new and different, no, we are in favor of honest, upfront development. Secret meetings like this are a BIG part of the problem.


Here is Joyce (and dare I say Ron's) email:

"The Civic Club worked to preserve the Historic Pan Am hangers, got them on the National Register of Historic Places, and made the city resend their order to have them torn down. 

"This also included the Coast Guard hanger that is now Shake-a-Leg. All of this took 12 years to preserve the waterfront.

"Preserving the waterfront is very important to me as I am sure it is to you. 
I would like to get together to discuss the Grove Bay Waterfront issue Tuesday, August 27 at 6 pm at my home.

"I believe there needs to be communication on what is happening instead of the emails that are being sent.

"If you would like to being someone else just let me know first. 

"Please let me know if you can join me ASAP."

END OF EMAIL 

With all due respect, I have asked Ron Nelson via email why he is so in favor of the project, is he getting a job there after he leaves Sarnoff's office at the end of the term? Is Joyce getting a store for her jewelry, which is amazing, but still? He wanted tot talk on the phone or in person, I wanted a typed answer that I could copy and paste, as most things I write, Ron tells people that I get incorrect, so copy and paste is the answer I would like. So I can have a written copy to verify the answer. They are more than welcome to email me the answer now. What's with the meeting? Why not leave it all alone unless you have a major interest in the waterfront project?

No comments:

Post a Comment