Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Let's talk about our local restaurants

I've had a few great lunches at local restaurants. I had forgotten how great Barracuda's famous fish sandwich is and I had that yesterday, a friend and I stopped in for lunch. The presentation alone was incredible and of course the sandwich itself, I could probably eat it daily, I wish I had taken a picture.

I eat fish a lot at Focaccia, too. I usually order the salmon or mahi and then I have spinach, broccoli and mushrooms with it, can't get much healthier than that. Sometimes I'll run next door and grab a special juice concoction at The Last Carrot that Erin makes me. It's beet juice with a bunch of other stuff in there.

I've stopped in Focaccia a few times for breakfast and they really make a great one at a very reasonable price.

Speaking of healthy, one of the most healthiest things I get for lunch is at The Cheesecake Factory, yup, I know. When I check in on Facebook, people always make comments about me not eating healthy, but I don't order cheesecake, I get the Thai lettuce wraps and broccoli. That's it. The last time I had cheesecake there was a couple of weeks ago when it was National Cheesecake Day, how could you not have it then?

I go to The Bookstore most weekend mornings after the gym and get breakfast there, they make anything you like from scratch. I'm not a breakfast person and I usually drive them crazy with not knowing what to order. I personally would prefer lunch for breakfast. For the longest time, I would go to Subway and get a turkey sub with avocado. It was the avocado I was really after. I try to eat it daily.

The Bookstore also makes excellent tuna salad, chicken salad and grilled cheese. That and a cronut and you're set!

The Grove Spot always has something new daily on the menu and it' really gourmet food that they prepare there. I had ribs the other day with some kind of special cole slaw, it was warm, I forgot what Olav called it, but it was incredible. A regular item I order there a lot is the Cobb Salad, that's really great.

A funny thing is that when I had ordered Cobb Salad at a couple of places recently, I got crab salad instead. I don't know if my eyes were bad and it said Crab Salad on the menu or not, but I got the Crab Salad. But at The Grove Spot, you can get a "real" Cobb Salad.

At Greenstreets I usually order the mahi, too, sometimes the steak. When I was recovering from my recent sickness, I felt i needed red meat, so I ordered steak there a couple of times. Which was great.


I go to the Sandbar for fish tacos often, but I usually end up with something different. I love their flat breads. Greenstreets has an excellent choice of flat breads, too.

My new favorite place is Pauloluigi on Bird Avenue. I have only gotten the chicken parm there, it comes with spaghetti and a great little salad. There's so much, I usually get two meals out of it. Everyone who has talked about the place has only said good things, and I have to agree. I've been there quite a few times, it's take out or delivery only.

I used to eat at Bombay Darbar about three times a week, I am not there often, I need to go back.


I love the chicken salad at Mr. Moe's, it's not chicken salad with mayo, like you would get in a sandwich, it's a large salad with chicken and their fish sandwich is just as great at Barracuda's which I think is the same recipe since John invented it at Barracuda years ago, I am told.

I know I'm not mentioning all the Grove restaurants here, but these are a few of my favorite things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment