Saturday, December 26, 2009

Found village house; lost the Strut announcer job

The Grapevine village house has been found, it was in the old Borders Books location, under the new Bookstore in the Grove's village house. There's something psychological about that, not them having their house covering mine, the fact that the new bookstore's village house is inside the old bookstore.

I was not sure if I was one of the announcers of tomorrow's King Mango Strut, I was told I could be the one at the start of the parade, but it appears as if I am not. I ran into Antoinette Baldwin today and was told that three others are doing it. Shame, I would have done a great job, but that's ok, I did want to be free to roam around during the Strut and not be confined to one spot.

Speaking of the Strut, I am not amused with the group doing the parody of the Grapevine as the Gripe Vine. They are opening up old wounds by bringing up subjects from the past year that I thought I had made peace with. Things that people forgave me for or forgot about will now be out in the open again, marching up and down the village. I think we need to move ahead, not look back and mock. It's not me or the Grapevine being mocked, it's the people, organizations and subjects that I wrote about this past year -- all coming back to haunt me and them.

No comments:

Post a Comment