Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Clearing up the Le P'tit Paris story

Regarding the photo I placed of Le P'tit Paris yesterday. It was not placed there to start trouble with Le P'tit or to start rumors. It was placed there because I was sick to my stomach at seeing them closed. I was sick of seeing restaurants and other businesses close. I was sick of seeing friends gone.

I like Regis and Shriley a lot. I have liked them from the day I met them, they have always been incredible people. I like Eduardo and Rosa from Cita's and Havana Grove, a lot. I liked and loved the staff at these places. I was shocked when Azul, the clothing store at CocoWalk, was gone overnight, I would see Craig, the owner, daily, walking here and there in the Grove.

The purpose of the photo yesterday was to say, "What is going on around here?"

I don't usually allow nasty restaurant comments by anonymous people because everyone has their own taste. I happened to love the mussles at Le P'tit Paris, for instance and would go there for them, while others didn't like them. I feel that the staff goes out of their way, sure you can have a rude person here and there, I have been accused of that daily by people! Restaurants are very stressful places to work and run, keep that in mind.

Anyway, in case you missed it, Regis, the owner of Le P'tit Paris left this comment, I can hear him speaking in his thick accent:

Dear all,

First of all, to stop all rumors, we'll go out of business by January 4th. Up to that date, we'll be open almost each night and all day long on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Even if the business slow down a little bit, the only reason we go out, is for very, very serious health trouble for one of us (Regis or Shirley) confirmed last Friday by doctors. By consequence, we do not have any other choice. We need quite time, not compatible (at all...) with business restaurant.

For 18 months, it has been a pleasure to serve you all. Thanks to our partners (Louis and HL), all our team, managers (Fab & Jean Charles), our Chef, Keith (which is serving food in Coconut Grove for about 20years), Magali (2nd Chef), our main waiters (Laurent, Pablo, Murat, Sergio, Aida, John, the list should be too long...), and all our dishwashers. You all can't imagine how theses guys has been devoted to please you !

Thanks to all our competitors such as John and Kim, Sylvanno, George Eric, Bruno & Christian for their support and advice.

Thanks to "real" local customers such as Barbara and Karl, Carlos and his family, John, David, David & Patricia, Frankie Lopez and his family, commissioner Sarnoff and his lovely wife, Richard, David Pujas, Nanny, Claudia, Laurie from Biscayne Bank, to name a few...and of course all the French crew (Bernard, Nico, Rodolphe, Francois, Sophie, Momo, Fred et Nathalie from Nikita Sunset, Laure and her Kids, Sylvie, etc, etc,... we love you all. Thanks for the good time we shared.

I read a comment about our landlord: there's no reason to blame him. Hakki is a real straight nice guy, a "word" gentleman, helped us a lot during this period. I can't see any link between him, and the fact that the traffic has been divided by 4 or 5 in the last year in Coconut Grove!! If we are not able to keep alive a Banana Republic, or Barnes & Nobles, Multi millions Chains Restaurants, movie theaters, convention center, night clubs, bars, etc, etc... how do you want to attract huge brands such as Apple, or tourists, or regional people ???

I'm not surprised about getting bad comments about our restaurant, or food, or service, or the fact that the bathroom are by the end of the corridor...With an average of 2500 covers a week, by math, some customers, got at one moment bad service, or a missed plate, or something, whatever you don't like... By the way, at least, we brought some life in the Grove, jobs, taxes, investment, heart, love, which is, to us, the most important thing we need all right now!

For me, the problem is not about to know if mussels are better at Le bouchon, or George's or at Le P'tit Paris?? just a question of taste, mood, or ambiance. For sure, as every business owners knows, if Coconut Grove continue to decline that fast, we'll have 3 places to eat..not that much..no confusion about where will be the best mussels!! What about the credibility when an anonymous or Bryan talking about our product and says basically "but I've never been there - I heard "! ii could be French humor man…

By reading all theses comments, for some of you (most are anonymous...), I'd love to see you at work or running your businesses, to enjoy the perfect way you are, and passionate about perfection you are...

Thanks Tom for your passion and devotion for the Grove. You don't need to apologize the way you did by email about your articles today. It's done anyway!

Again, most, most important things we have to worry about now.

All my best - Happy holidays :)
Regis Ducatillon

No comments:

Post a Comment