Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The billboard is ugly. There I said it

billboard
Let me preface this by saying I love the guys at the BID, I think they feel the same about me, I love how I can just walk in at any time and just plop down and always feel welcome. And they do criticize me at times about stories, so I have a little critique about their billboard on US1.

It's ugly.

As an art director for many years, I think I can add my two cents here. You can't even read the post-it notes and the damn thing is too busy. I think it is safer to text and drive than to try and read this billboard while driving.

Know what I see when I look at the billboard? I see "CBS," the logo below, because it's the only clear thing on there. I have had many people send me photos of this and I took this one and still, you can't get a good, clean photo, because the subject is not good and clean. You cannot read it from any angle. I've tried.

The next thing I see when I look at the billboard is "Fishing, Electronics, Hardware, Apparel," the writing on the wall, literally. That stands out and overtakes the billboard message.

No comments:

Post a Comment