Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is Redland farm stealing the Grove peacocks?

peacock
Why does the peacock cross the road? To hide from the poachers who are stealing them and taking them away.

I read in The Herald today that some couple is netting the peacocks in the Grove and taking them down to their farm in the Redland!

Say what?

I feared this would happen. Right after Hurricane Andrew in 1992, this moron named Carrie, scooped up all the peacocks in Cutler Ridge and sold them for $500.00 a pair. Old Cutler Road used to have many peacocks roaming the area. Cutler Ridge's name was even hijacked, it's Cutler Bay now.

Now this?


Sidney Robinson, owner of Sandy Acre Avocado & Mango and his wife Maryannette have some explaining to do and some peacock returning to do, too. I have contacted them asking who asked them to remove the peacocks. We'll see what they have to say. I have also contacted the Discovery Channel, who filmed the whole thing for a tv show.

UPDATE: A local tv channel contacted me about the peacocks. Apparently a local Miami official orchestrated this removal of the peacocks. More to come. Lots of livid people calling
me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment