Friday, June 19, 2009

Where is Commodore Plaza?

Yesterday, when I went out to get a photo of the Commodore Plaza sign for this story, I noticed that there is no sign at Grand Avenue and Commodore Plaza. The photo I took was at Commodore and Main Highway.

I didn't think much of it, but ironically, this morning, a lady stopped me as I walked from the post office across to Havana Grove on Commodore Plaza. She stopped me right on the corner and asked me where Commodore Plaza was.

I pointed to the street and said, "Right here." She asked, "Where?" And I said, "Right here, this street is Commodore Plaza." She went on to tell me that she had been driving back and forth looking for it. She was looking for the Arts and Minds School and I guess she thought it was on an actual plaza. Come to think of it, why is Commodore Plaza called a "plaza?" It's not a plaza.


Anyway, I think we need a sign up on that corner, and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment