Monday, June 22, 2009

Try the "Al Capone" Italian Beef sandwich at Chicago's Deli

About five people have tweeted, emailed or stopped me in the grocery store to ask me if the new Chicago's Deli (3162 Commodore Plaza) has the Italian Beef sandwich.

I didn't know what that was at first and someone actually sent me a YouTube video of it being made.

So I ended up back at Chicago's Deli, and I asked Manny, the owner if they had it. They do.

It's on the menu, called the "Al Capone" -- thinly sliced marinated roast beef served warm, topped with spicy peppers and dripping with the marinated sauce. Here's mine. I ate it outside under the canopies. It's only $8.00 and I don't think you'll finish the whole thing. I had to take half home with me.

I ran home right after eating actually, because I made such a mess, I had it all over my shirt and pants. It's now my new favorite thing at Chicago's Bakery and Deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment