Saturday, May 25, 2013

Welcome to Coconut Grove

I was going to publish a story on the sad state of affairs at the Coconut Grove playhouse this week, but the Miami New Times beat me to it and they even managed to get ahold of the actual photos and make a whole story out of my pictures , so here's the story

My point was going to be that this is the entrance for thousands of people into the Grove. This is the first thing they see. All of our neighbors to the south, including new neighbor, Christian Slater see this mess, as they enter the Center Grove. 
Despicable. 

I like the last line of the New Times story, a quote by Harry Emilio Gottlieb, "This blighted condition would not be tolerated by the county, City of Miami or any municipality if it was a private residence or commercial building."

True that.

No comments:

Post a Comment