Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Too much road rage

I just heard on the news about a boy being run over by a bus in Broward County; a bus he was trying to catch! This reminded me of what I saw last week right here in Coconut Grove.

I was in my car, stopped at the light at 27th and Aviation, facing the BP station, going west. I watched as the bus came down the block, from the US1 direction and it raced by a guy who was trying to board it! They guy was at the BP station under a tree, trying to stay out of the hot sun, as the bus approached, he came out to the street with plenty of time and put his hand up to stop the bus. The bus just kept on going!

I know the driver saw him, there was no way not to see him. But apparently the bus driver felt that the dude should be standing at attention waiting for the bus and not run out from the shade to catch the bus. I tried to get the number of the bus to report it, but he was too busy illegally speeding down SW 27 Avenue for me to get the info.


What the hell is wrong with people? What's with all the road rage?

Ever try to cross the street from the Coconut Grove Bank parking lot to get to the Bookstore or anywhere on Florida Avenue? It's a game in futility trying to dodge cars speeding down Mary Street. There is no courtesy, no one lets anyone cross the street, you can stand out there all day, and not one car will stop or slow down to let people cross.

While I don't always like these speed traps or cops who hide around the corners to see if people go through stop signs, it really is needed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment