Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hurricane predictions

Every year, Ellen, the town psychic, gives me her hurricane prediction. She says that if it rains on the Sunday during the Coconut Grove Arts Festival, we are in the clear for that year (it didn't rain this year). She told me about six months ago that we should look out for Helene in August. She said it would be coming right at us.

About a week or two later, she saw me and called me over, she revised her prediction -- she said that Helene was going to skim us instead and head to South Carolina. Well, Helene didn't do that, but Isaac is coming right to us, so Ellen was one name off. It was the "I" storm, not the "H" storm.

Let's see what happens. Hopefully it just disappears. But looking at the track today, Ellen was sort of on track herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment