Thursday, April 26, 2012

I caught him doing good

I regret not taking his photo, but hats off to Antonio Alvarez, who works for the BID, he's one of those guys in the bright green shirts you see walking around.

I was standing outside a Grove restaurant this past weekend, waiting for a friend, and I noticed that these few shopping bags were blowing around in the wind and just doing a little dance on the sidewalk outside the restaurant. The bags would blow around the feet of people sitting at the outdoor tables and eating but everyone just ignored them.

I was going to pick them up but thought I would take a picture first, to emphasize the clean up campaign that's going on, but as I was going to take the picture, I noticed Antonio coming by, I thought to myself, this will be a great photo, one of the BID guys just stepping over the trash and ignoring it, and they are the very people who are handing out the gift cards for the "Caught! Doing Good" campaign. But Antonio surprised me. He reached down and picked up all the bags that were blowing around and he threw them out.

I'm not sure why it surprised me because it shouldn't have. I went up to him and told him I appreciated what he did. He was sort of shy and that's why I didn't ask to take his photo, but I wish I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment