Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Eleazar Delgado's art featured at Frameworks

BRIDGEROAD-WEB
The vibrant work of Coconut Grove artist Eleazar Delgado will be featured at Frameworks this month and will be showcased during Saturday's Gallery Walk.

Now, a Wynwood Arts District artist, Eleazar is making his way bay home to the Grove, where his art was first born. Above is a piece called "Bridge Road," a common scene in Miami.

“I love Miami. I love the Grove. Living here has been a great source of inspiration. My Behind the Lights collection began in my home studio and was ultimately moved to my Wynwood studio last year. Bringing them back to the neighborhood and sharing this collection with my neighbors makes me very proud and I’m thankful to FrameWorks for the opportunity,” said Eleazar.

He was born in Oklahoma, raised in Venezuela and then returned to Miami, the city he loves. HIs work honors the pioneers of Miami including Henry Flagler, Julia Tuttle and Carl Fisher, to name a few. Eleazar paints on doors as a symbolic representation of the doors his subjects opened for Miami's citizens. He represents events such as Billy HOliday's performance at The Lyric Theater in Overtown. He's a seasoned professional in other areas including architecture and interior design.

The opening night reception is Saturday, April 7 from 6 to 10 pm at Frameworks (3196 Commodore Plaza). Come out and see the artwork inspired by Miami's lush colors and surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment