Monday, September 21, 2009

Stephen Murray running for Village Council

We have asked the Village Council nominees to send us a little something about themselves and their vision and their reason for wanting to be elected to the Village Council. Here is the first:

"My name is Stephen Murray, and I’m running for Coconut Grove Village Council. In August 2008, I was elected as the Village West’s Precinct Committeeman for the Miami-Dade Democratic Party. Through my official capacity as the representative of 1300 voters, I have personally taken on numerous issues that affect the quality of life of those I serve. It has always been my passion to help others, and the role of committeeman has been an excellent platform in which to create small but significant positive changes in other people’s lives.

"The vision I have for the future of the Village Council is simple: real representation for every resident of Coconut Grove. My experience in dealing with all levels of local government would improve the Council’s ability to uphold the goals it was founded on. I will challenge the City of Miami on the issues that matter – taxation, the looming presence of the MPA in the Grove and its effect on local businesses, out of control City salaries, corruption, gentrification, and a lack of representation for the Village West. Now, more than ever, Coconut Grove needs a strong voice to help shape the future of our City, and I promise that if elected, that voice will be heard loud and clear.

"To follow my campaign and the work I'm doing in the West Grove, please visit http://www.stephenmurrayactivism.org/."

No comments:

Post a Comment